Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sea Green February

The spout is growing and a visit by the aqua bird


Started the Jinny Beyer Mystery. I am using the colors I used for Orca Bay(Bonnie Hunter Mystery) and will use this new medallion quilt over the head of the bed with Orca Bay. I had a great time buying fabrics for just the right gradation from very dark purple/almost black hand dye, to a pale batik that pulls in the colors, through navy w purple, reds, pinks and oranges, using my Birthday discount at Quilt Expressions here in Boise.
Working on El Provence, making the hour glasses that either the dog ate or I miscounted or misplaced, so I can finish up the quilt. I have about half the blocks made. I am glad I downloaded the directions to refer back to, as this mystery is no longer free.   I am all into free.
Trying to stay caught up while still mostly inside due to snow and icy ground.
Took Ocean out tracking at the local high school. Since we can't practice TDX tracking we are working on VST tracking.
Laid a track in the snow for Oyster who hasn't been tracking for a few weeks-just too cold to work more than one track-until a balmy 40 degrees yesterday.  He did really well indicating corners and committing to them with confidence. I find it is much easier to run the track than lay the track. Laying means trudging through the snow, running, is literally running but with the power of Oyster pulling me along.
Oh and so the title isn't too odd, have been slowly working on my latest pair of socks in sunset stripes. 😂

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your Sprout blocks in February's RSC Color of the Month!! That bird is SEW TWEET!!

    ReplyDelete